At Northwind, we value craftsmanship and sustainability. Our original collection of leather goods, the “Sustain Collection”, was created with the foundation of using remnant leather to craft functional, personalized leather goods. This fall, we are launching our first ever collection of eco-friendly gift wrap!
According to the Huffington Post, traditional gift wrap has an incredibly harmful impact on the environment. Wrapping paper is thin, full of ink, and often coated with plastic, which means it’s next to impossible to recycle and almost always ends up in a landfill. We wanted to bring a new concept of gift wrap to the table - something sustainable, something reusable. We set out to find the best materials to accomplish all of these goals. During this process, we identified a deadstock, water resistant, 100% nylon that we converted into two sizes of unisex reusable bags.
Our medium gift bag measures 12.25” x 10” and fits nearly all of the Northwind products including the Snap Valet Tray, Travel Zipper Pouch, and Passport Wallet! Our small gift bag measures 8” x 5.5”and fits many of our products including Loop Keychains, Pint Glass Sleeves, and our Sunglasses Sleeves! Each bag can fit multiple items, so by purchasing this gift bag add-on you will round out the perfect personalized gift! You can also choose to customize your gift bag with a leather tag and the initials of your gift recipient.
Special occasions can be overwhelming. After all the work that goes into finding the perfect Christmas, birthday, or wedding gift, sometimes there isn’t enough time left to wrap it. Our gift bag is beautiful, tasteful, and festive. Show your loved ones how much you care without the stress and mess of traditional wrapping paper.
How can the gift bag be reused? Here are a few ideas:
- Travel: Use it to store jewelry, toiletries, small shoes, or other items that you can easily lose in your suitcase. Or use it to separate your laundry!
- Art Supplies: A safe, portable holder for your pencils, sketchbooks, knitting needles, and other creative necessities.
- Health and Safety: Separate your clean face masks from your dirty ones to make sure you stay safe and hygienic during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Household: Turn your bag into a fragrant sachet by filling it with flowers, dried herbs, or essential oils. Self-care is a necessity!
- Other gifts: After receiving your thoughtful gift, your loved one can store the bag and use it again at their next gift-giving event. Pay it forward!
At Northwind, we strive to make every customer’s experience as stress-free as possible. We hope this newest innovation will make gift-giving easier so you can enjoy the most special moments in your life.